To advance the homeopathic profession by certifying individuals who meet and maintain a recognized standard of professional and ethical competence in classical homeopathy and to assist the general public in choosing appropriately qualified homeopaths.
We envision a healthcare system that encompasses certified classical homeopathic practitioners to be accessible to all.
Support the mission and service of the CHC by making a donation today.
Examination and Initial Certification Process
Passing the CHC certification examination demonstrates knowledge of the theories and clinical skills used in homeopathy. To initially earn the Certified Classical Homeopath (CCH) credential, the following must be completed:
The examination is offered twice a year in April and October with registration timelines beginning approximately 8 weeks and ending approximately 2 weeks prior to the exam cycle. See the home page for specific registration and testing dates.
Tests are computerized, proctored, and taken at designated test sites. Proctor's are scheduled through the exam application system and should NOT be scheduled otherwise. Proctor fees are included in the exam application fee.
Click Here for information on exam payment, deferral, cancellation, and refund policies.
If ADA accommodation is needed, make a request within the exam application website. See the CHC Certification Handbook for detailed instructions. The request must be received prior to submitting payment for the exam.
For detailed information about application requirements and exam study references, see the CHC Certification Handbook.
Required for Application to take the Exam
All supporting documentation must be submitted with the application by the application deadline. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the application deadline will not be processed (cancellation refund policy will apply).
Once the complete application (including all required supporting documents) is received, the CHC will verify requirements are met and the applicant will be notified prior to the registration deadline regarding the status of the application.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT PROCEED UNTIL VERIFICATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
See the CHC Certification Handbook for more detailed requirements. In general, registration includes the following:
- A completed application form
- Copies of official transcripts for homeopathic and health science education
- Supplemental documentation, as applicable: completed Clinical Training Log, copies of medical licenses, ADA Accommodation Request. Note: clinical training requirements must be completed and documented before certification is awarded.
- Submission of exam fee payment and test site preference
Required Education to take the Exam
- A minimum of 500 hours of preparation in the theory and foundations of homeopathy completed in a program that has been accredited or is approved by ACHENA or the CHO; if educated outside of the US or Canada, WES-evaluated transcripts must be submitted and deemed to be at least equivalent
- One college level course in Anatomy and Physiology
- One college level course in Human Pathology
- Required as of January 1, 2018, a minimum of 250 hours of clinical training
Requirements for Initial Certification
Clinical training is a fundamental and vital requirement to the art and science of homeopathy and should be integral to any homeopathic education undertaken.
Within 2 years of passage of the exam, completion of the following is required for initial certification:
- Clinical observation and analysis – up to 360 hours and a minimum of 140 hours (documentation of 10 chronic cases independently taken and written up with two follow-ups each) supervised by a qualified supervisor. Click here for the Clinical Training Log. The log is not necessary for candidates who completed an ACHENA or CHO approved program. Note: Beginning January 1, 2018, Anatomy and Physiology, Human Pathology, 500 hours of theory and foundations of homeopathy and 250 hours of clinical work must be completed before the exam application deadline.
- Participation in a CCH Orientation session
Council for Homeopathic Certification P.O. Box 75 Chartley, MA 02712
Toll Free: (866) 242-3399 Fax: (815) 366-7622
Office hours are Monday & Tuesday 10 a.m - 6 p.m ET, Wednesday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET, and Thursday 1 p.m. - 6 p.m ET.
Voicemail messages will be returned within 2 business days