Plan Ahead for Certification!!
Use this website to help plan so that you meet the prerequisites for CHC certification.
- Reference the CHC Certification Handbook to prepare for the exam, including: health science, theoretical, and clinical education requirements and ethical standars/client rights related to homeopathy.
- Find a colleague to study with and plan to prepare for certification together. You may find the following specific study references helpful:
Carefully consider your own educational plan and when you might complete each of the requirements so that you will know the best point in your preparation to apply. See below for an overview of application and certification requirements. Registration and exam dates are posted on the home page.
To apply to take the exam, the following must be completed:
- Verification of residence in the U.S. or Canada
- A minimum of 500 hours of preparation in the theory and foundations of homeopathy. (Note: beginning January 1, 2018, an additional 250 hours of clinical education will be required; this preparation will need to be completed in a program that has been accredited/approved by ACHENA)
- One college-level course in Anatomy and Physiology
- A 40-hour course in Human Pathology
- Exam registration, including submitting the CHC Exam Application, exam fee, required attestations, and all supporting documentation
Upon passing the CHC exam, the following must be completed to obtain certification:
- 500 hours of clinical education—combined from the following:
- Up to 360 hours of observation and analysis
- A minimum 10 chronic cases independently taken, supervised by a qualified supervisor, and written up with two follow-ups each, click here for the Clinical Documentation Log
Note: Beginning January 1, 2018, 250 hours of post-certification clinical work will be required; the remaining 250 hours will be required prior to sitting for the exam.
- Participation in a CCH Orientation session
See the CHC Candidate Handbook for more information.
Once initial certification is earned, annual recertification is required and includes submission of the following:
- Documentation of 15 hours of professional continuing education
- Payment of the annual recertification fee
- Personal and/or professional contact information updates, as necessary
See the CHC Recertification Handbook for more information.
We wish you well in your preparation and look forward to receiving your application for certification!